Monday, April 12, 2010

Turning 30

There is something about turning 30 that depresses the hell out of everyone. Probably because its the halfway point of one's life. You're not young, you're not old either. But, by this time, you should have done a LOT of things. You should have an established professional life, financially healthy, traveled extensively, and/or have started a family. Well, that's what most people think anyways. 

Me? I'm quite satisfied with the first 30 years of my life in spite of how different it is from an average thirty-year-old's. Oh, there are things I wish I would've done differently. But, of course, you can't undo the past. Besides, if I took the other route, I wouldn't be where I am right now. And, I believe I am in a pretty good place (although my parents probably think otherwise!). But, it definitely has lots of room for improvement. 

I have danced through life to the beat of my own drums. And, I will continue to live it that way. But, that's not to say that I should just continue dillydallying. Life is too short. And, there are just so many things to do, places to see, books to read, music to listen to, films and plays to watch, and food to eat to fit it all in just one lifetime. Hence, THE LIST.

THE LIST basically consists of the non-negotiables that I want to achieve as well as other fun, frivolous things that I feel will make my life a blast...or the next 5 years, anyways. 

May this project inspire you to draft your own list and, most importantly, to live it as well. 

Cheers! 

2 comments:

  1. I want! I want! I want!

    Snaps for taking the first step to true greatness...making THE list. :) I support you 100%. Strong in you the force is, young padawan. ;)

    Oh, and welcome to the fabulous world of 30...


    Imperfection @ Its Finest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly think that you should add

    "going to Toronto to visit my dearest sister Giselle as number 36!!!!"

    ReplyDelete